Rosé is the ultimate summertime wine. Men & women alike are flocking to this pretty pink & refreshing drink. And we’ve just found an amazing recipe that makes it even more refreshing…
Rosé Kind of Day Cocktail Recipe
This recipe, found on Bon Appetit, expands on the lightness & deliciousness of rosé by adding fresh cucumbers & herbs. The best part about this recipe is that you can play around with the flavors and customize it to your palate or food pairing, so we suggest you have some fun with it!
2 bottles of rosé
(We recommend the light & tasty AIX 2018!)
½ cup bianco vermouth
1 bunch mixed herbs
(This is where you have some room to play! We suggest trying a few different mixtures with herbs such as basil, mint, tarragon or parsley. Chop’em up and throw’em in!)
2 12-oz. cans citrus soda
(We like Fresca the best, but you can also use Sprite or San Pell.)
- Cut 3 cucumbers into strips and set aside.
- Chop remaining cucumber and muddle with a spoon in a bowl to release juices.
- Add all cucumbers to a large pitcher.
- Add rosé and vermouth and stir to combine.
- Setting aside a few of the prettiest herb sprigs (for garnish), smack (literally, clap) the remaining herbs in your hands to release aromas and add to pitcher.
- Cover and chill for at least 3 hours (up to 24).
- Divide sangria among ice-filled glasses. Top off with soda. Garnish with reserved herbs.